Wednesday 4 March 2015

Waiting for a Baby

I can't believe it's already March and we are heading into Autumn here in the Southern Hemisphere. I could say I can't believe I'm still pregnant, but I can. I was so late with Hazel that I've been preparing myself for that elusive due date to come and go, and come and go it has. The whole waiting for a baby thing is an excellent test in patience and self control, as in literally not torching the three maternity items that still fit me and I can comfortably move in.
 
 
Speaking of torching, did you know Kiwis call flashlights torches? I didn't for a long time. When we first moved here we got these great books called NZ Frenzy which highlight all these cool, off the beaten path hikes and adventures. I would flip through the book to pick out possible places to explore, but I was often put off by certain locations since the author suggested bringing a torch. I kept imagining King Arthur and Guinevere and finally vented to Adam, "I mean who has a torch these days." Adam kindly told me that flashlights are called torches here. Right.
 
 
But I digress. Back to the current state of affairs, me barefoot and pregnant. There was a time I thought the summer heat might bring me down, but alas it didn't. Thank goodness for swims in the ocean. Overall, I can't complain. I've truly had a fantastic pregnancy and am so excited to meet our new baby whenever he or she decides to enter the world. In the meantime, here's a few pics from the past couple months.

Hazel turned 2:

 
 She got a scooter which she LOVES to ride:
 
 
We spent New Years Day at the beach:
 
 
I think we might be ruined for life because this is the beach we walk to when we can't be bothered to do anything else.
 
 
Days at the park:

  
Hanging out with friends:
 
 
Loves to wear her gumboots even when it's not raining:
 
 
Lots of coffee and scone outings with my girl:
 
 
No shortage of kid friendly cafes:
 
 
Baking at home is always a treat:
 
 
Fun at the farmers market:
 
 
A view from Adam and Hazel's AM walks (they go every morning!) :
 
 
A day out at the aquarium:
 
 
 
Practicing up for her new big sister role:
 
 
 I think she would scoot everywhere if she could: 
 
 
In honor of my due date, we took the ferry into the city to get gelato:
 
 
The original baby in my life:
 
 
Only a few more days (hours??) until we are a family of 4.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment